Monday, January 12, 2009

Kindred Butt Spirits


While doing his normal boring research, Richard stumbled upon an interesting tale of how this cute little fellow might be able to make my life better!
A little background info, I have Ulcerative Colitis, which is pretty unpleasant to say the least. It popped up with a vengeance in mid 2006. My early 20's was no time for a bleeding painful colon. My beer intake plummeted along with my fervent zest for life. More on that later...
Turns out the so called Ice Man (named Otzi), the oldest found frozen human, also appears to have had this disease. The discovery lead a bunch of researchers to realize he may have not suffered as much as the average bear all thanks to his parasite infested intestines. Studies are currently being done regarding whip worms and hookworms and their relation to inflammatory diseases. Things are looking good. I don't mind crammin' some worms in there if it makes me feel better, and I'm also pretty stoked about being a kindred butt spirit with the Ice Man! Woopah, all you disease free bastards! Bonus: Otzi appears to have exceeded my coolness by leagues, sporting gauged ears (way before his time!) and tattoos (possibly used for acupuncture).

No comments:

Post a Comment