Friday, May 22, 2009

Green Giants

I feel the need to denote that my relationship with any given camera wasn't so frivolous in the past. Then I started taking photography classes at Glendale Community College and I found it quite irritating when people were all camera shy. Shake what your mama gave ya is what I say about it! I can be quite the little camera ham these days.
Speaking of things I like eating, we're growing a garden, which ties in because I'm giving you a snapshot of the monster! It's only eight weeks old and it's our first garden (and by "our garden" I really mean I go and look at it every few days and Richard does anything and everything involving maintenance). We are growing sunflowers, giant pumpkin, tomato and corn. I love knowing that I'll be able to go into the backyard and pick my dinner from a vine or stalk! I'm toying with the idea of biting at least one tomato right off the vine with my teeth. We'll see how big they get. And how much mud has collected in the clay soil on my desired day of plucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment