Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Salsa Sinaloa

Success! The salsa was a hit! I've decided to post this delicious recipe for the world. Why? Because you're cool, world, and I think you deserve it!

6 roma tomatoes
6 tomatillos
3 cloves crushed garlic
7 chilis arbol
1/2 bundle cilantro
1/2 red onion
1/2 lemon (juice)
2 Tbsp salt

Chop all the big stuff into little tiny pieces. Put tomatoes, tomatillos & crushed chilis arbol on to boil. Add a few cups of water; not quite enough to cover the other stuff. Boil on medium for about 10-15 minutes. Add garlic to water while boiling if you don't like it as strong. Once off the heat, add the other goodies. Cool. Eat with very scoopable chips. :D

I had to ask two Mexican ladies at Fry's in order to find the weird sounding stuff. The "tomatillos" are little green tomato looking things, but they're in this green onion looking husk. You'll probably find these near the habinero pepper and jalapeno area.
The "chilis arbol" is a little dry red pepper, skinny and about the length of half a pinky finger. I found them in the ethnic food isle where they have all the bags of "Tampico" spices.

I don't think I need to say this after my previous post, but don't crush up the chilis arbol with your damned fingers or it will feel like you're giving Satan a hand job. I guess they sell gloves you could use or just crush 'em up with other utensils. If you get them on your fingers, wash those puppies as soon as you get a chance. Don't touch your face or more...sensitive regions. Heh heh.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, now I'm hungry. Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry about your hands :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always crush the chile piquines (chile de arbol)with our fingers but wash them right away with soap and always remember to NOT touch our eyes because they will burn as you have discovered.

    Except...they don't burn our hands. Sounds like you have allergies. :(

    ReplyDelete