Monday, June 1, 2009

Eureka! A Gardening Update

We got our first ripe tomato off the vine today! Pulled it right off, sliced it from top to bottom and devoured it with a dash of salt. The garden is now officially fruitful.
I'm also seeing bright yellow petals on the sunflowers, very developed ears on the corn and some bulbs on the pumpkin vines. Huzzah!

Phase II: Richard planted bell peppers, carrots, snow peas and spinach recently and we're just beginning to see their little sprouts. I am thoroughly impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love tomatoes. Guess you've got the right climate for growing stuff like that? Lots of people I know find the ol' tomater a real trigger for their UC. I'm lucky, they don't seem to bother me under normal circumstances, I guess you're the same? Do you ever make bruschetta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE bruschetta! Tomatoes don't bother me enough for me to give 'em up! It's one of my favorite veggies. I will definitely be making some bruschetta when we start getting lots of ripe ones.

    ReplyDelete