Monday, June 8, 2009

UP Movie Review


Over the weekend I saw the new Disney/Pixar movie "UP". Yes, I am a bit of a cartoon fanatic and I must say, I totally loved it! Rich and I went to the theater and checked it out and if anyone knows Richard, they will say he is an avid hater of movies and most especially movie theaters.
Here is Richard when talking about movie going: "Ugh! There are people there. And they make noises. OHMYGOD are they ever going to stop putting their hand in that popcorn bag?! That kid has sniffled like twenty times already! This is like the third time I have to pee...they must be putting something in the soda. When you worked at the theater, did they put extra stuff in the soda to make you pee? It's a conspiracy to make me go out into the lobby and buy more snacks! Blah blah blah!"
He is a pain in the arse to see movies with, but even HE, Almighty Hater of Movies, enjoyed this one and was very well behaved considering most of the other patrons were below the age of 6 and made gurgling noises regularly.
The characters were likable, the theme was one that an adult could enjoy and relate to and the villain wasn't played out. Home run, Disney!

1 comment:

  1. SQUIRREL! I haven't seen it yet, but it looks hilarious =) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete