Monday, July 20, 2009

Insides Like A Christmas Tree

Pops is back home from the surgery and I'll be flying up to visit this coming weekend. It will give my mind a little peace to see him finally because he sounded really bad when I last talked to him on the phone. I'd never heard him sound like that before, his Chicago accent was really strong. I guess that happens when people are in pain or have extreme emotions one way or another, it was just kind of sad and scary to hear my dad like that :( He says he's recovering quickly and every day he feels a bit better.
I was thinking of posting the photo of his huge gash across the belly with staples in it, but thought better of it. Seen here is the pre-op MRI photo which got this whole mess started. I don't know what the hell I'm looking at, but I think it looks pretty neat!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope he is back on his feet soon, sounds like he will be. It will be good for you to see him and know that he is ok. I'll be thinking of you and hoping your trip goes well, take care doll face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey! WTF is that? Hope your old man gets better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete