Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Extravaganza!

Reasons you would've been happy to be with my family last night:
1. Dinner was delicious. Barbecue ribs and potato salad (<-- made by me...yes, I did lick the mixing spoon and then continue mixing!)
2. Giving my uncle Kevin sass by going outside while he was grilling and saying "lower heat, longer cooking time!" A life risking decision for sure.
3. Illegal fireworks.
4. Watching my cousin hold a firework with too short of a fuse and blow half her synthetic fingernail off. Just the top part! No blood!
5. Watching my aunt Donna float on her noodle in the pool and see the fright in her eyes as a flaming pink firework heads straight for her! If she hadn't been in water, she would have had a hole in that bathing suit for sure!
6. Even after stepping a safe distance away, being forced to do a jig with Richard on the lawn as a swirly unpredictable white firework headed straight for us.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! I'm just back from Spain (school fieldtrip) where we were treated every night to the local kids playing with fireworks on the beach - hilariously head-long diving stuff... never get past health and safety in the UK. Or the police.

    ReplyDelete