Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fall 2009 Semester

I signed up for two night classes for the coming Fall semester. I already had 15 credits towards my Associate Arts degree (how'd that happen?). That's 15 out of 60. Ouch. I need to get my ass in gear. I'm taking Sociology101 and English102. These classes will give me a total of 6 more credits, just over 1/3 of the way there. Yurgh. Long haul. At this turtles pace it will take me two years to get my AA. I simply can't wait that long. Something has to change.
Car will be paid off at the beginning of next year. Will have more dough to pay for classes/books. No more time than I have now, but more money, so it's something. Ah, the life of a full time student would be nice. Maybe a little part time job on the side.
I have never been able to even DREAM of such a thing. Even when I was in high school I was working two part time jobs simultaneously AND paying rent for living in my dad's house (once I turned 18). Ain't that some shit? Of course I figured if I was paying rent there and still living by his rules, I might as well just move out and pay rent somewhere else. And so I've been in this rut for...ugh...forever? There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Some damned place. But to be honest, it's pretty hard to see right now.

5 comments:

  1. Look into some online classes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, my dad never made me pay rent. but sometimes he wanted me to make a hot breakfast and id be all "You want a hot breakfast? set fire to your corn flakes."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Corn Flakes line is gold. I'm totally going to use it if I ever get a chance... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "I know nothing" post! I'm a fellow UC...endurer? Is that even a word? Basically we grin and bear it huh. I linked to you from Number Twos blog. You're an excellent writer! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep going and you will get there. I totally know how you feel it seems like there is never enough of what you need to get where you have to be, but lots of people do it and we can too! Keep your chin up and keep pushing forward.

    ReplyDelete