Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Home Remedies 101

Note to self: Using vinegar as a household cleaning agent or perhaps as a compliment to a dish is one thing, but gargling with vinegar...

Me: "Where's the vinegar?"
R: "In the laundry room."
Me: "Is it contaminated? You know, with bleach or some other weird concoction you've come up with?"
R: "Nope, good to go."
[I go and get the vinegar, then proceed to take a hearty swig and gargle with it. As I'm choking and gasping for breath, which-in terror-I realize I cannot catch, I think I hear a faint giggle in the other room.]
R: "Did you just gargle with vinegar?"
Me: [through coughing and wheezing] "Yes! I'm thinking maybe that wasn't a great idea. There is liquid coming out every possible orifice of my face."
R: [outright laughter]

Apparently Richard had just done this a few days ago when he was sick and wanted to wash out his mouth. Once I could breathe, we laughed together.

7 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable :D

    It's good for cleaning carpet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! As a fellow UCer I am glad to have found your blog! Your writing is very interesting and fun to read! Hmmm... Gargling with vinegar, I've never heard of that before. I have heard of gargling with salt water though... Glad you at least got a laugh out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the funniest thing I've read in ages..what possessed you to try it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! That was a good laugh. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, I would venture to say pure idiocy and the tiny thought that vinegar fixes everything... Turns out it doesn't :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL..you know what that reminds me of...the Dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding who used Windex for every ailment :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’re too funny! Dont feel bad, my mom told her dentist that she gargles with Lysol. She meant Listerine and he thought she was crazy. I can't say I’ve heard of vinegar. Live and learn girl, live and learn. Lol

    ReplyDelete