Friday, May 21, 2010

TriLyte & Scope Update

Oh. My. Goodness.
Last night was one of the most terrible medical experiences I've ever had to go through. Despite my extreme TriLyte preparation and tips, I only got through about 2/3 of the jug...most of which ended up being vomited right back up. Thankfully it was enough and the colonscopy was still performed. I literally cried with relief when they let me know I could still do the scope. I couldn't fathom attempting to drink that stuff a second time. Don't think I would have made it through.
I was super dehydrated and woke up through the night with a splitting headache. They had a hard time finding a vein to put the needle for my vitals in because they had all decided to collapse from lack of water. Once I was down, all went smoothly. I still have inflammation but with the Sulfasalazine I'm doing much better and I'd really like to keep this up. Afterward, I went out for some killer delicious sushi and then followed that a couple hours later with some Mexican food at my favorite local place, La PiƱata. And a piece of Dove dark silky chocolate. I am so relieved to have that behind me.

Important Tip:
The desk girl at my GI's office said that most people that have less to eat on the day before their liquid diet tend to be able to handle the TriLyte with much more ease. Unfortunately for me, I decided to ignore that information and be a total and complete glutton. I even had to sneak in a bowl of Cheerio's with rice milk right before bed as my last hurrah. I am, indeed, a moron.

2 comments:

  1. yep..I hated the prep for the colonoscopy too..I only manage about 3/4 of it...there is another one thought that is just a glass full that you hae to take twice, but it can cause irritation of the colon...next time though I'm just getting to get the 2 glasses one...good to hear the salazopyrin is working.

    I've just started the SCD Diet to see if that will help...I'm only on Day6 of a 30 day trail...after that I reassess if I'm on it for the long haul or not :D...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff I used to have was obviously named by a marketing genius "Bowel Prep". Mmmmm! Ghastly stuff. Tastes like vanilla flavoured sweat.

    Good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete