Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The older I get, the less I believe in.

I'm sure someone has said that before, but it just came across my mind and it's astounding how much truth there is in it. My thought didn't specify anything in particular, so to appeal to my own curiosity, I typed "the older I get, the less I believe in" (with quotes) into Google. It's actually quite depressing how age can so often and easily trump hope.
These are some of the top search results Google brought me back:
"The older I get, the less I believe in the idea of the major artist as shaman plugged into the cosmos." (ooook, that one is a bit out there, but...)
"the older i get the less i believe in the meant to be thing. if you're not doing anything nothing's going to happen." (too true!)
"The older I get, the less I believe in real love, soul mates, and that Hollywood nonsense." (Agreed!)
"the older I get the less I believe in fairness" (unfortunate, but true)
"the older i get, the less i believe in the possibility of finding happiness." (Oooh, I have had that thought a time or two)
"The older I get, the less I believe in coincidence." (Thought provoking)
"the older I get, the less I believe in true love"
"The older I get, the less I believe in University degrees as a test of capacity"
"The older I get, the less I believe in dreams coming true."

I bet everyone can finish this sentence, and, if you're feelin' froggy, I'd love to hear what some of you might have to say.

4 comments:

  1. The older I get, the less I believe in the politic process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get the more infinities I realise exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The older I get, the less I take for granted

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older I get the less I believe in an afterlife.....I do hope I am wrong but,yeah... it seems to me that we are really just organic creatures that have advanced mentally in a way that allows us to to be aware of our existance but that understanding doesn't change the fact that we will die just like all other organisms.when we no longer posses consciousness we no longer exist,it is sad and seems like such a waste but unfortunately i am more and more inclined to believe it is the truth.the lives of human beings have no higher level of importance or value then the lives of bacteria when viewed from a universal perspective.

    ReplyDelete