Monday, October 18, 2010

Southern Man, Better Keep Your Head

I've often found my self intrigued by quotes from Southerners. Somehow there is a backwoods saying to fit every occasion. I'm trying to store them in my broken tattered memory, but since writing things down is nearly the only way to keep anything in the leaky bastard for any length of time, here are a few that come to mind:

Fine as frog hair.
Low as a hogs belly.
Cold as a witches tit.

(My title is for Neal Young, who is a king among men.)

Yep, I really did just make a whole post for a few quotes. VERY worthwhile quotes.

4 comments:

  1. some of my favorites are;

    "well this is turning out to be a real shit sandwich"

    and

    "boy...i think we just might be polishin a terd here"

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps it is spelled "turd".......hmm can you actually misspell a slang word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you whittling?

    By the way in U.K. it is definitely Turd, sometimes referred to as a "Richard"

    (Cockney Rhyming Slang - "Richard the third"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_Richard_III_of_England

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopped by to deposit my best wishes and strong hopes for you.

    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete