Saturday, July 2, 2011

Memories in Music

Music makes pathways through time. I think of certain eras in my life in terms of particular songs or bands and the feelings they gave me. Music helps to define and sharpen memories. Not all bad, not all good but, regardless, thoroughly experienced through song. In nearly every small and large relationship I've been in, I've always had this desire to make a mixed tape at the end of that relationship to cover the whole spectrum I was given, and share it with the person it was linked to. Of course, that would somewhat defeat the purpose of a break-up, or at least tarnish the finality of it. Since Richie and I have been going strong for a good 5+ years, I suppose it's time to do an intermittent band catalog that defines the musical hieroglyphics of our time together thus far. They are as follows:

The Cure. Bob Dylan. Blind Melon*. Bjork. Fiona Apple*. Gin Blossoms.

*Indicates especially potent.


I would be so incredibly interested in which songs remind people of me, but I suppose there's no knowing, though I am certain they exist. Le sigh. Tell people which songs they are linked to, I implore you! It feels somehow important.

3 comments:

  1. Start Wearing Purple by Gogol Bordello reminds us of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah hahahahaaaaaa. This has to be Ale & Joey. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1DlemGZ68

    ReplyDelete