Monday, August 29, 2011

The Life of A Flower

I feel a darkness approaching
After so many days of sunshine

I was a flower once, didn’t I tell you?
They chopped my head off
Because they thought I was beautiful
And more valuable dead

Little did they know I’d wither
My hair was crunchy
And the color of dried blood

They offered me sugar water,
Which grew stale
It’s hard to take a drink with your throat cut.
Still, I tried to say thank you.

Then they hung me wrong side right
In a dark place
For days or weeks or months
And they made my corpse
A dusty shrine

I haven’t felt
Much
Like myself
Lately.

2 comments:

  1. I like it very much. I feel guilty about the corpses on my house now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I also have corpses in my house. I consider it making use of something even after its time has passed, and that's great. Like cavemen would use the bones of animals for bowls, cups, knives. Am I reading too many books about prehistoric man?
    Embrace your corpses! :D

    ReplyDelete