Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Derby Dames

Since the first time I heard about it, I've been smitten with roller derby. Bad ass chicks being allowed to act aggressively, duke it out with other girls, and still rock fishnet stockings? Yes, please! I feel as though some day I, too, will be a derby girl. From time to time I find myself fantasizing about what my derby name would be. The movie Whip It had some pretty excellent names. Recently I've been toying with the name Purple Nurple. Think about it, purple fishnets, black tutu/shorts, purple/black shirt layers? No? Perhaps not something so themed? How about Blitzkrieg Britt? Too many WWII connotations? Alright, alright, I'll keep working on it. I hope you do the same!

3 comments:

  1. Blitzkrieg Britt is absolutely fantastic! I, too, feel the exactly the same as you do about all of this. So badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Purple Nurple and I want to be on your team!
    - J@M on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roller girls rock. I bet you could do it!

    ReplyDelete