Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spring 2012

School starts next week. Did you hear that muffled sound? Don't worry, it's just me weeping. I'm taking Spanish 202 (the last Spanish class I'll have to take for my degree!), public speaking, and an anthropology class called Stones, Bones & Human Evolution. I've never taken an anthro class before, so I'm actually a bit excited about it. Between school and work, I will undoubtedly be rocking back and forth in the fetal position by April, but I feel like there will be freedom once that Spanish 202 class is over. The foreign language thing has been the most difficult series of classes I've ever taken. I don't feel like I have a good grasp on it; the wheels started to fall off around SPA201 (the 3rd semester), when I started taking the online class. If I had time to burn I'd love to start over and take them all again (or at least the first two) as non-credit classes, just to polish my knowledge. Ah well. I've gotta keep marching. I dream of the day I'll be able to take classes just for FUN, to learn something new. In the mean time, I'll be marching forward.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely going to love Bones, Stones and Human Evolution. That class was the first of anthro classes that helped me decide on my anthro major. Please, please, don't be shy to shoot me an email/text [or meet up with me] if you ever need help with that class :D I would love to help.

    ReplyDelete